Recipe Of The Month – Salad of Stix Farm Peas & Broad Beans, Goats’ Curd & Baked Lemon Puree
BY BEN TORRANCE - EVENTS HEAD CHEF
INGREDIENTS- Lemon purée
- 4 x lemons
- 100g x caster sugar
- 200ml x water
SALAD- 200g x shelled, blanched fresh peas
- 200g x shelled, blanched fresh broad beans
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- 1 x zest of one lemon finely grated
- 150 ml x delicate extra virgin olive oil
- 200g x goats curd
- Pea flowers
- Broad bean flowers
- Snow pea tendrils
- Pea powder
- 100g x frozen peas
EQUIPMENT- Food processor
- Piping bag
- Fine sieve
FOR THE LEMON PURÉE1. Cut lemons in half lengthwise, de seed.
2. Wrap in foil and bake in preheated oven 150ºc for 1hr 30mins.
3. When soft the whole way through place in food processor with water and sugar. Blend on top speed for 5 mins.
4. Check seasoning it may need more sugar and water.
5. Pass through fine sieve, cover with baking paper and cool in fridge
*any unused puree can be stored in the freezer.
FOR THE SALAD
Roughly chop peas & broad beans and mix with lemon zest, marjoram and olive oil. Season with sea salt.
FOR THE PEA POWDER (must be prepared 24hrs prior to use)1. Blanch frozen peas in boiling water seasoned with sugar and salt
2. Refresh in iced water
3. Dry in a dehydrator overnight at 55ºc
4. Next day blitz in food processor, pass through a fine sieve
ASSEMBLY1. Spoon goats curd on to plate then pipe lemon purée around roughly 10g per serve. Spoon pea mix around.
2. Arrange tendrils and flowers on top. Dust with pea powder